AWS Cloud Native Software Development
Traditional PaaS AWS Development.
- Leverage cost efficiencies quickly. Take full advantage of the Elasticity and Infrastructure as Code services by moving to the AWS cloud faster.
- Work with a known quantity. Rather than having to learn an entirely new infrastructure, leverage your institutional knowledge. Just move your application to a more efficient environment.
- Adapt slowly, reduce risk. Adopt your applications to take advantage of the AWS platform bit by bit over time, reducing your risk.
This traditional approach makes sense for companies with less resources to invest. At the same time, it makes sense for anyone wanting a foothold in the cloud.
Over time, you’ll gain a familiarity with the environment and the vast number of services (and microservices) that you can take advantage of to optimize your application.
AWS Serverless Development
Serverless is a cloud computing trend you can think of as “FaaS”, Function as a Service.
- No servers to manage. Free yourself from the need to think about or interact with servers.
- Continuous scaling. Remove infrastructure from your considerations in serving and scaling your applications.
- Subsecond, hyper-efficient metering. Leverage hyper-efficient pay-as-you by only paying for compute power by the micro-second.
Here’s one way to look at it: if you’re ready to make the leap to cloud, do you want the traditional version, that merely replicates your IT infrastructure on the cloud?
Or do you want to leapfrog cloud-native application development, and go serverless? Some people believe serverless finally makes good on the potential of cloud.
Two AWS Application Models, Same Benefits
While these Could-native and Serverless services models differ in approach, they have a lot in common. Each of them lets you take advantage of the same basic features unique to AWS.
More so than any other cloud services provider (or any applications services provider) AWS is scalable. Not only is it scalable by virtue of it throughput capacity but by its nimbleness. It simply responds more rapidly than other providers.
AWS is built on the infrastructure that was designed to supply the largest store in the history of the world, Amazon.com. Billions of dollars pass through that system. That’s why AWS utilizes a true end-to-end approach for securing its data.
When you choose AWS to host your application, you share in that wealth of security.
Honed for over 15 years, AWS powers thousands, if not millions of websites and apps across the globe. Yet your hardly ever hear of those websites going down. Nor do you hear about them becoming unavailable.
AWS has established a reputation among cloud industry analysts for routinely achieving the so-called “holy grail” of uptime, “five nines”. That is to say 99.999% uptime.
At Strive Nine, our goal is to leverage that unique reliability to give your business a competitive edge over other businesses in your niche.
AWS sells you compute power on an as-needed basis. That means if your application is using it, it’s not paying for it. For you, this means lower costs of development *if* your application is properly deployed and architected.
The pay-as-you-go model is the secret sauce of AWS. Other cloud providers offer a similar pricing model but none can match Amazon on pricing.
Because we focus on the costs with the AWS model of cloud application development, we’ll guide you to a decision based between these two models based on what makes sense cost-wise for your business needs. That’s why StriveNine thinks AWS is actually the ideal platform for enterprise clients looking for cost benefits from the cloud.
What We Don’t Focus On.
What do we not do? Believe it or not, AWS has become such enormous platform that few specialist consultancies “do it all”.
- IT Infrastructure
We do infrastructural work in the course of application development (Amazon Ec2, for example) but these are not our primary areas of focus. We will gladly point you in the directions of AWS firms who specialize in these areas.
These firms, including individual developers, form our own “AWS Partner Network”
StriveNine and AWS Mobile.
The StriveNine team understands that to integrate with AWS your mobile application needs to be designed as a cloud solution from the ground up. Here are key mobile features we’re prepared to build into your app architecture:
- Notifications for mobile apps.
- Pinpointpush notifications for mobile.
- Time and offline mobile optimization.
- Offline mobile data apps.
If you’d like to learn more about our services, and whether we’re a good fit, please book online https://www.strivenine.com/book.